Sunday, July 06, 2008

Danish Do-over

While I enjoyed the Danish braid I made for the Junes DB challenge, it's wasn't quite right. So another attempt. This time I warmed the milk and dissolved two packets of yeast in it, letting it get frothy before adding it to the flour mixture. I also left out the orange juice, using extra milk instead. And it rose! This time my braid is fluffy and flaky and wonderful.



For the filling this time I used the same cream cheese filling but topped with my blueberry compote. Even better than the raspberry. This recipe was definitely worth doing over. Time consuming but delicious!

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina, please get in touch with me Right Away about the Dish Rag Tag box. emily at yarnmiracle dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home