Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Hogwarts Socks

The Hogwarts Sock Swap was such a great experience. My pal sent me the most amazing package. To start, all my goodies were tucked inside this cute box.


And what was inside? A pair of Ravenclaw socks (of course), a cute felted bowl, stitch markers, a sheep tape measure, a notebook (in suitable colors), and a whole set of DPNs. Awesome! I didn't get it in the picture, but the card was great. It has a scarf pattern on it... where did you find it?


Of course the best part is the socks. In film Ravenclaw colors, as requested, and they fit perfectly. I love the stitch pattern and the yarn. Thanks Kathleen!


(Please don't judge me for the tacky linoleum. I know it's hideous.)


I've spent some time this month working on a new scarf that I am completely in love with. It the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Made in 2 skeins of Socks That Rock (shamelessly stolen from another blogger... again, don't judge me). I spent forever at the BMFA page trying to pick 2 colorways and was frozen with indecision. What if the colors weren't accurate on my monitor? What if they looked horrible together once knitted? I basically chickened out and used the colors that Ashley did (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that). It looks awesome and I love the pattern. Can't wait for winter so I can wear it!

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Shannah said...

I just got the most AMAZING package today! Thanks so so much for the fantastic bumblebee socks... I'm going to post pictures tomorrow on my blog. Yay! It made my Labor Day.

Thanks! :-)

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scarf is very pretty. It's hard picking the colors out just by holding up the skeins or looking online.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your KTC Swap Pal :-) I'm leaving this "Hello" note on this post because I wanted to tell you how much I love your socks -- I'm Ravenclaw myself!

Catch ya' later :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home