Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm in!

Got my Ravelry invite this morning, and I'm having fun checking it out. Gotta get my WIPs and stash loaded. And the "so long I'll never get to everything" project list.

For those who asked about the cookies, it's a standard jar of peanut butter. The 17-18 oz one. They were a hit at work and got devoured. You must make some... now!

Completely nonknitting related topic. I'm looking into buying a new digital camera. I love photography and adore my Canon SLR camera. But my little digital camera sucks. The colors are always off, there's huge camera shake, without massive amounts of natural light nothing comes out well. So I'm looking into getting a digital SLR. I've been eyeing the Canon Rebel series since I love the one I have. Anyone have any advice?

Not much else to say as I haven't been doing a lot of knitting lately. I'm in the PICU this month (and the MICU next month... someone must not like me) and I've been so busy. The month is really starting to take it's toll on me. Hopefully I'll get some knitting time in this weekend as it's one way I try to keep my sanity.

9 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I have a Nikon D40x and I love it. If you want to buy Nikon though, I'd buy the Nikon D40 because you can get a great price on it now with the introduction of the D40x.

But if you have Canon lenses that would be compatible with a Canon dSLR, I'd buy another Canon.

Isn't Ravelry awesome?

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my ravelry invite the other day too and I love it!! Just has been taking me a while to load everything :)

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for your Ravelry invite! I'll never get to my hole "want to knit" list either. :) I do hope you get some knitting time soon. I don't like it when life gets too busy for knitting.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

So glad you're on Ravelry now!

The camera that I have (and love dearly) is the Canon Powershot ELPH SD1000. It's light, easy to use, has a HUGE display window and has great options. My dad fell in love with mine and bought one, too.

Hope this helps!

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! It's your KTC swap pal again. Just wanted to let you know I'm sending your package out Friday.

Cheers!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sarah Brown Design Yarn said...

I have been a bad blog reader lately. I am on Ravelry soccerchic21

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love my Nikon D70.. so I'd suggest a D series by Nikon. ;)

Hope all is well..

Ann

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got a nikon, but if you already have Canon and you have the lenses stick with what you have/know.

I think you should post to your blog or ravelry more often so your secret pal partners can get to know you and spoil you properly. *hint *hint.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Dr.Knitter said...

Keep up the good work...you can do it. I wish someone had said that to me from time to time when I was in training. Love your site, AND your projects! Visit me on my new blog: http://branchingoutknits.blogspot.com/
DrKnitter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home