Monday, June 09, 2008

My attempt at making blondies

Back to work today after finishing my lovely week off. Fortunately I'm on elective this month, so I got off at a reasonable time. So I came home and made myself dinner - a hamburger seasoned with oregano, cumin, and coriander eaten in a pita with feta cheese and tomato with a roasted sweet potato on the side. Yum... but no photo since I ate it too quick. And while I ate my burger, I put a pan of blondies in the oven. I do have a picture of those.


Don't they look good? Well, they don't really look too luch like the thick gooey blondies I was anticipating. They have a texture very much like a giant chocolate chip cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company. (Fond memories of having one every year for my birthday at school.) So not what I intended, but tasty anyway. Recipe from Smitten Kitchen, made with a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips. The best part about these - made with things I already had in my pantry in less than five minutes. The perfect after work treat.

Still working on my pink elephant sock, but not enough progress to deserve a photo shoot. Hopefully soon. I also was back and bought some new yarn. The Loopy Ewe is evil! I'll have a picture of my pretty new sock yarn for you soon.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

You must have taken the picture while they were warm. The chocolate chips look gooey. Just the way I like 'em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home