Monday, June 02, 2008

I'm alive

Wow, it's been ages since I posted. Probably no one looking over here anymore, but hello to anyone who wanders over. I've been swallowed up by work for the past few months, but I'm finally getting a bit of a break. I have the week off and am really looking forward to having time to myself. Time to take a few day trips around western Mass and see the area some more, time to catch up on sleeping, reading, and knitting. Here's what I've been up to today.

Started the day with a yummy homemade breakfast - a far cry from my usual coffee and granola bar while driving to work. I had some leftover sourdough bread from a bakery down the road and a pint of blueberries. So of course I made myself french toast. The blueberry topping is amazing, one of my new favorite things. 1 pint blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1 tbl butter, and a pinch of cornstarch cooked on medium-high heat until the berries start to split open, releasing their juicy goodness. Today I spooned some over crispy, buttery french toast and dusted with powdered sugar (ahh... heaven). It's also amazing on crepes, pound cake, and vanilla ice cream. This and a tall glass of iced coffee made my morning.

After breakfast I settled in with Indiana Jones and my knitting. Working on this lovely little sock. It's my first time using Claudia's Handpainted, and I really like it. I can't remember the colorway, but I'm naming it "Pink Elephants." I loved the way it was working on the toe, but it started pooling once I finished increasing. Oh well, I still like it. Using the baby cable rib pattern from Sensation Knitted Socks and my new Knit Picks DPNs (love them!). Putting the knitting away for now and heading out for a walk. Spring has finally arrived in New England, so I'm off to enjoy it!

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Oh, how good it is to hear from you again. I haven't forgotten about you. I can't imagine how busy you must have been with your rotations. Hope you practice is going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home