Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The upside of cleaning

is finding my camera. Woohoo! It was in a purse inside my suitcase shoved partially under a bed. Found during my deep cleaning freak out that preceded my family's visit. It was so much fun having them up here. I made it an opportunity to do some of the cool things available in the area. We spent time wandering the streets of the town, shopping and checking out art galleries. There's a great Dr. Seuss exhibit in one that I love. Then we headed to the Eric Carle (of the Hungry Caterpillar) museum which was such fun. I loved those books. (Heck, who am I kidding? I still do!) I talked myself out of buying wonderful hardcover editions of The Secret Garden and A Little Princess, but I may have to go back and get them. They are reproductions of the first editions with wonderful illustrations. Then we headed to Mt. Tom where we went to the Summit House at the top and took in the amazing view. We spent all day Sunday in the Berkshires at Tanglewood listening to the Boston Symphony Orchestra. It was a Gershwin review and I loved it. Such a fun weekend! But I must admit to some crying when they left. It so hard being 1000 miles away.

Now on to some knitting content. It's been a light rotation, and I spent it teaching another resident to knit. I was checking out my favorite blogs one day and came upon this photo and Grace loved it. So I picked up some number 19 needles and a few hanks of alpaca, and we got started. A giant, purple, fluffy scarf. Pretty good for a first project. And she quickly cast on for another!


And now the promised Harry Potter socks. These are the Hufflepuff socks I knit for my pal. Everyone kept calling them the bumblebee socks, which they really are. But I like them anyway.


Next time, the Ravenclaw socks I received from my swap pal and a much loved WIP.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I'm glad you found your camera - I'm sure it was driving you nuts not being able to find it.

The museum sounds like fun. I'm a fan of Eric Carle too.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Sarah Brown Design Yarn said...

I recently found a cd I had lost for about a month. Yeah it was in my external CD driver/burner. Perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home