Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cookies

I have spent the past year trying to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I had some from Whole Foods and they were amazing, but I haven't been able to duplicate them. I tried Martha Stewart, Food Network, various websites... all disappointing. And today, success. I got a recipe from a friend and tweaked it some. Perfection. Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. So peanut buttery and a little bit of chocolate. My kitchen smells amazing right now, and it's time for a snack and some milk (very necessary with these). When they are all cool, I'll pack them up to share at work tomorrow. And in case any of you need some peanut buttery goodness, here is the recipe.


1 3/4 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar (light, dark, whatever. I used a mixture)
2 eggs
1 jar peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp honey
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter with sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and beat until creamy. Mix in peanut butter, vanilla, and honey.

In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to peanut butter mixture a little at a time and mix until combined.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Form batter into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart. Bake at 350 until golden brown (10-15 minutes). Let cool on baking rack.

Some notes: I used my KitchenAid which did a great job creaming the butter and sugar. And it handles this batter really well since it gets very thick. My baking time varied based on what cookie sheet I used. The regular cookie sheet took longer, about 15 minutes. And my jelly roll pan took only 12 and the cookies stayed a little thicker. Still getting to know all of my equipment! I wound up with 5 dozens cookies, plenty to satisfy my craving and lots to share. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Yummy, these sound delicious. Just might try them this weekend. Hope things are going well with your residency. Greetings from SC!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Katie said...

One jar of PB? I think I need specifics, because I buy that humongous oversized family jar. I'd love to try these! And, like Leslie, I send some SC greetings! =) I have missed your posting. Glad you're back to it.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, now I'm hungry! They look yummy!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger monica said...

OK How big is that jar of peanut butter. My Hubby loves peanut butter cookies, but I have never used a whole jar of peanut butter in a recipe. But they sound yummy. I don't think I have ever put cinnamon in mine either, I will have to give these a try.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

OMG....peanut butter cookies are my absolute favorite!! Those look delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home