Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bridge of Flowers

Today I went on a little road trip to Shelburne Falls, a little town about 30 miles from here. Shelburne Falls is known for the Bridge of Flowers - an old trolley bridge that is now a pedestrian bridge covered with flowers. I went a little nuts with my new camera, so be ready for a photo heavy post.


That's a view of the bridge from the regular bridge a little ways down the river.


The path across the bridge, flanked by flowers on either side.




Bridge of flowers with mountains in the background. A very overcast day, the completely gray sky is disappointing.

See how much fun I had with my new camera? I bought it with my economic stimulus check :) I spent a lot of time reading reviews online and finally decided on the Canon EOS Rebel XTi. Partly because of the good reviews and partly because my film SLR is an older Canon Rebel and I love it. All I needed to buy was the body of the camera since all my lenses will fit it. So today I played with all the settings and had well over a hundred shots when I got home from Shelburne Falls. Then came the task to downloading and editing, which actually didn't take too long. All I have is iPhoto, so there wasn't a whole lot I could do in terms of editing. I've been checking out a few photography blogs and have been amazed by what you can do with the right software. Unfortunately my laptop is about 2.5 years old and Aperture and Photoshop won't run it without some major upgrades. Anyone use anything else I should look into?

After walking all around Shelburne Falls and going photo crazy, I went shopping. I found the LYS Metaphor Yarns and bought a few things.


Two skeins of some sport weight wool and alpaca blend. It's from Foxfire Fiber and Designs; the yarn is local to the Berkshires in western Mass. Every step from raising the sheep, to sheering, spinning, and dying is local. I love finding small label local yarns in LYS. And I fell in love with this colorway - a beautiful gray with flecks of pink and purple throughout.


And because I can never have enough sock yarn, some Trekking XXL. In orange! I love all things orange lately.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE trekking and I love orange! Glad to see you back!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Love the flower bridge. Bet it was nice getting out and about even if it was a little overcast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home