Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Accio camera!

I finally had a day off on Saturday and I spent it reading Harry Potter. Don't worry, no spoilers here. I just need to find some people who have finished it too so I can finally talk about it! All I'll say is I'm happy with the ending, and I did a fair amount of crying. Since I had the day off, I went out to the midnight party at Barnes and Noble. So much fun! I brought my stash of Harry Potter candy left over from the movie and we stood outside the store and waited to be let in. There were so many people there that they could only left a few in at a time as people started to leave after buying the book. It was fun to see all the kids dressed up and with their brooms. We finally got into the store a little after midnight and headed to the cafe for some coffee (I was post call and needed some help to make it through the night). I think the entire staff was working that night because they were speedy at the checkout. I was back at home, curled up on the couch with my book by 1am. After reading a few chapters I crashed and needed some sleep. Then woke up and finished by early afternoon. I was happy to finally have the final book but sad for it to all be over. Now to reread the whole series!

In the waiting time for the book I finished by swap pal's socks (pictures to come in another post when I find my camera with the pics on it). I also got a wonderful pair of socks in the mail (also with pictures to come when I find my camera... really must clean my apartment or learn the summoning charm). I had so much fun making my pal's socks and love the ones I received, so I signed up for round two. Here's my questionnaire:

What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Ravenclaw

Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference? Size US 8.5-9, Length 9 in, Circumference 8.5 in

List your three favorite sock yarns. Socks That Rock, Lorna's Laces, Cherry Tree Hill

Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand? I would love to! I've been stalking The Loopy Ewe and have bought lots of new sock yarn and am looking forward to trying new brands. I would love some Yarntini or Yarn Pirate, but I always miss them.

Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn? I go back and forth. I love variegated yarns in the skein but am sometimes disappointed with how they knit up. I really have to find the right pattern. I'm really into semisolids right now.

What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash? I have lots of blues and reds, so I would like to branch out. Maybe some green or orange as something new.

What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle? I haven't tried fair isle yet. I usually do ribbed patterns but I'm trying some cables. Simple lace patterns are fun too.

Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.) Smoke, cats

Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them? Nope

Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? Sure thing!

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished reading it this morning. Like you, I cried. During the sad parts, the happy parts, the sentimental parts, and at the end because it was all over.

I didn't make it to the party near us, but the cashier told me that 3000 people had shown up and they were open until 4:00AM. Glad I waited until the next day... :)

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

How's life as a resident? I have my first ICU call tonight. Eeek!

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog! Where do you live in Mass.....I live in the Worcester Area....and I work very close to UMass Med School...

Blogless Diane

email: dmr0110@aol.com

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Thank you for your comment on my lace stole...Oh, I'm SOOO glad it's done!

I loved the HP book, too. I was dying to read it and got done with it in 2 nights....mostly because hubby and my teen were waiting to read it, too.

Can't wait to see some knitting pics! (LOL!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home