Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just a quick post today. Been working hard on the medicine wards and I'm so tired. But the weather is amazing and everything is blooming. Horrible for my allergies and asthma but so pretty. The other day I was complaining about how bad my allergies are and how I need to go to the doctor to get a new Allegra prescription. How am I going to find time off to go to the doctor? Then I had one of those "Wait a second... I'm a doctor" moments and called it in for myself. I love being able to do that!

So in between blowing my nose and coughing I've been getting some knitting done. Working on my Hogwarts sock swap pal's socks and loving them. I've also been shopping for little goodies to put in the package. The candy shop nearby had a whole shelf of Harry Potter candy, so my pal will be getting a nice assortment including cockroach clusters. Then I did some shopping for my Knitflix summer swap partner's yarn online today. Can't say any more yet because it isn't a secret swap. I of course ordered a skein of sock yarn for myself too. It's a brand I haven't tried before and I'm excited to see it. I've also been playing with the goodies my secret pal sent me and learning how to cable. Sorry I've been so slack and haven't posted a picture of my wonderful package. No exuse, just my inherent slackness. Promise to be better in the future and post a picture when I get my act together.

Some big plans for the next few weeks. First the Yarn Harlot is coming to town. She'll be speaking at the Calvin (one of my favorite places in town and where I saw my one and only someone Jamie Cullum live) and signing books at Webs. Anyone in the area going to see her? I don't have any knitting friends in town since I haven't been able to find a group, so I'll be heading over there on my own. Would love to meet up with anyone coming into town. Then in June I get some time off and I'm planning a trip to Maine. Some of my fellow interns are from Maine and keep talking about how wonderful it is, so I'm going to check it out. I figure I should travel New England while I'm up here. So I'm going to spend a few days in Bar Harbor and do a little New England yarn crawl. I'll be scouring the internet to find yarn shops between here and there so I can check them out on the way. Any suggestions?

7 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to love Maine! It's one of my favorite places in the world. Enjoy yourself! You deserve a nice break.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Time off . . . what a nice thought! Enjoy the Yarn Harlot. I saw her at Webs last year.

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must go to the Yarn Sellar (http://yarnsellar.com/) in York on your way up to Bar Harbor. It's just about 1 mile off the highway and it's a beautiful shop. It's my second home :)

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
A bunch of us knit together on Wednesday nights in town, please join us! Some of us are going to see the Harlot too, so if you want to meet up- let me know. There are a few of us that work at Webs so we will meet afterwards as well. Sorry, no blog....

dmbenini@yahoo.com

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

OH, have fun seeing the YH! Won't be able to go this time. That should be so much fun....hope you feel better!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yarn Harlot is coming my way but not to seattle...portland. i am still trying to decide if I want to drive down there for the book signing on a friday...hrmmmmm!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I was just on the SP list to look at some blogs (I got bored working in my kitchen) and I could not help but to click on yours when I saw you name! Go Cocks! It is always fun to find a fan on line that also knits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home