Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wow, am I lucky. My KTC swap package arrived and it's amazing.

I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I adore Arthurian legend novels. And check out that yarn! From dyers in Wales, they are so soft an the colors are wonderful. And quite possibly the cutest card ever. There are also some pretty stitch markers (in the little white bag in the corner) and some Cadbury chocolate (not pictured because, well, I just love chocolate...) Thanks, Sarah! I love everything!

And, by popular demand, my blurry sock.

It isn't this blurry in person. It's also a little longer. So my second attempt went better, or I at least was better at fixing my mistakes. The provisional cast on still didn't actually unzip, but the Wendy method was easier than chaining and picking up stitches. I'm seriously loving Socks That Rock... it really does rock. I'm seeing a lot of this yarn in my future. I'm really enjoying this month's pattern too. The garter stich toe is so squishy; it's sure to be very comfy. And I can't wait to see how the ribbing feels. (For those not in the club, the instep and sole have different ribbing to create arch support.) We'll see if the love affair continues when I try my first short row heel and cables. I'll keep you posted.

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I haven't tried any STR yet, but I want to! Your sock looks great so far.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great package... Great start on your sock! Socks really do rock! Can't wait to see more!

Your Secret Pal,

Someone Else

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

Ooh, Mists of Avalon is just wonderful . . .

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That yarn looks awesome in garter st. Love it. How's the year going? I'm getting so burnt out right now - thank goodness I have vacation next week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home