Sunday, April 15, 2007

Where is spring?

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. The 30 degree Easter was crazy, but this is too much. April should not look like this!

So I'm going to spend the day sitting on my couch, drinking tea, watching Gilmore Girls, and working on my STR sock. It's coming along nicely, and if I spend the whole day working on it I should turn the heel today. I love the way the colors are pooling into perfect stripes.

I've also ordered the yarn to make my Harry Potter swap socks. I decided to try Louet sock yarn which I haven't used before. I couldn't decide on a pattern for the socks; I like the trapped bar design of the Prisoner of Azkaban scarf but just wasn't feeling it. Then I saw Eunny's socks and loved them. So that's the current plan. Especially since I love the toe up sock thing right now.

5 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I like your sock colors.

I know what you mean about the weather. It snowed here this week as well. But it warmed up to 70 today so I'm sure the warm weather is headed your direction soon.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

It hasn't been a normal spring here in South Carolina either. No snow, thank goodness but a colder spring than usually. Lots of frost damage to flowers - ugh! Love the yarn for the socks.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Strange, strange weather. And now I'm seriously questioning my sanity in joining two sock swaps. Still need to decide on a pattern for the Hogwarts one . . .

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

That snow pic is very pretty...even though I was sick of the weather then! Now, it's SO hot!

You have to tell me what Louet Sock colorway that is....it's awesome! Your sock is coming out great!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm also putting up snow pictures tomorrow on my blog...one foot yesterday up here in the Rockies!

Louet Gems is what I am using for the Hogwarts Sock Swap! It looks like you have a great pattern picked out, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home