SP 10Real post with actual knitting progress to come. In the meantime, my Secret Pal Questionairre
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love all natural fibers - wool, cotton, alpaca. Not into novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a wonderful needle case by Katie. Love it!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Been knitting for just over a year. I guess I'm intermediate - doing socks, lace, basic shaping but haven't tried cables or color work yet.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do...have to remember how to link to it though.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like citrus and spicy scents. My fave perfume is Origins Ginger. I also love lavender.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Is this a serious question? Of course! I love chocolate, mint, caramel. I also really like coffee and tea.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Not much. I like black & white photography and have been trying out the darkroom.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Pretty much everything - big band, rock, alternative, some country. Faves of the moment are Jamie Cullum, Keane, and Keb Mo.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like most colors esp bold ones rather than pastel. Really like neutrals like shades of brown.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single, no pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves, hats, and mittens. Must make myself some mittens before next winter. No to ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like knitting small, practical items like scarves and socks. I've made my share of felted bags too. Haven't tackled my first sweater yet.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A lace scarf for my mom (leftover Christmas gift) and 2 pairs of socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use mostly straights and DPNs but my Denise circulars are also great. Started on aluminum needles and I still like them, but I'm loving bamboo and rosewood needles. Searching for my perfect socks needles, thinking to trying out the Addis.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
8 months - a pair of socks that I actually really like but for some reason set aside and forgot about.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the family time.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I don't know if this counts as a collection, but my stash of books and movies is embarressing large.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't subscribe to any knitting mags, but I buy all the IKs. I would love any of the Yarn Harlot books.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yep and I joined the Socks That Rock club and am looking forward to trying this yarn out. I'm a US9.
23. When is your birthday?