Friday, April 06, 2007

I've been bad...

I've been yarn shopping.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Webs. It's big and has just about every yarn you could want. Definitely the place to go when you want to get 14 skeins for a sweater and use their discount. But there's something appealing about a little LYS with yarn tucked into little cubbies. As you go along and sift through the shelves you're sure to find something special. Which is why I've been wanting to go to Northampon Wools. It's actually two little shops side by side - one with all the wool, alpaca and such and the other with the cotton and baby yarn. But they close at 5:00 and I can never get home from work on time. Then yesterday as I was walking to get dinner I saw the lights were on... at 7:30! Seems they stay open late on Thursdays. My lucky day! First I came upon this.


It's Mountain Colors Mountain Goat, and this picture really doesn't do it justice. The colors are so rich and it's more blue than green in person. It's 45% wool and 55% mohair and oh so soft. A few hanks of this for my KTC swap partner; I hope she likes it!

Then I made my way to the sock yarn and found a cubby full of Claudia hand painted yarn. I've seen it all over people's blogs but haven't tried it myself. So squishy and I loved all the colors. I picked up two hanks in this pink colorway.


I love how the pink and grey look together.

I also used my 10% off coupon at Blue Moon Fiber Arts to stock up some Socks That Rock. (See? I knew this would happen!) I got a few skeins of the solid colorways to do some fun stitch patterns. And two skeins to shamelessly copy Ashley. Now here's my dilemma. I'm putting together my first SP10 package; the theme is socks. So a book of sock patterns and some sock yarn plus assorted other goodies. My pal likes pink which is what I was thinking about when I picked up the Claudia yarn. But I also ordered a skein of pink STR. Which to give her? Maybe the STR since I don't think she has tried it yet.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that pink and gray yarn! I'd give her the STR if she hasn't tried it yet; everyone needs to try some STR.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Ahhhh! I'm drooling over both the Mountain Goat and the Claudia yarn.....wow...yummy!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home