Wow, almost a month since I last posted. Sometimes I just don't know where the time goes. Thanks to everyone for your comments to my last post. I really appreciate your kind thoughts. Things have improved over the past month. Hanging out on the Pediatric Ward taking care of RSV and gastroenteritis. Getting a few diseases myself - kids are walking piles of germs - but getting through it ok.
Been getting some knitting done, but nothing substantial and worth posting. Working on some socks and scarves. And teaching a friend to knit (how crazy! me teaching someone to knit when I'm a newbie myself!) which has been fun. She's making a baby blanket and we had a fun trip to Webs to buy yarn. When we walked in and I got that crazed look in my eye she couldn't help but laugh. "Maybe this was a bad idea. Kinda like taking a crack addict to her favorite corner." I didn't realize I was that bad. But then I but then I bought 4 skeins of Lorna's Laces, so maybe I do have a problem.
So no FOs to post, but thanks to Gina I do have something to post. My list of UFOs I plan to finish this year.
1. The two pairs of socks that stalled after sock #1 was knit.
2. My mom's lace scarf (so she can get it next Christmas)
3. My dad's socks (ditto on the Christmas thing)
4. Charlotte's Web (This may not happen, have to be realistic. This project and I do not get along.)
And the nonknitting things that I need to finish...
1. Assembling the elliptical trainer that I bought (totally not my fault as the instructions are really complicated)
2. Unpacking the 7 boxes of books that are stacked in my room
3. Organizing the piles of journal articles that are scattered all over my apartment
4. Finishing the half read books that I've gotten a little bored with and set aside
5. Listening to the dozens of podcasts that are taking up space on my iPod
Check out Gina's blog and send her your UFO list to be entered in her contest. And check out Christine's blog for her Podcastiversary contest. Leave her a comment to be entered, post about socks and get entered some more. So now for my thoughts on socks...
I love knitting socks. They are so much fun and people think you're a super knitter when they see you working on them. The variety is never ending - all the different yarns, different stitch patterns, toe-up or top-down, DPNs or circs. So many options! I haven't tried circs yet because I love the DPNs, but someday. Current favorite yarn is Lorna's Laces. I've bought a good supply of it but just started my first pair with it. I love it! The colors are great and it's so soft and squishy. Loving the way it knits up. Hopefully I have some good progress to share soon. My thoughts on Socks that Rock will come along soon since I joined the club. So that's what I love about socks, what do I hate? Joining the first round - I have serious problems and get all twisted frequently requiring a do-over. And ladders... boy do I hate the ladders. For some reason they always show up in the foot but not the leg. What's up with that?! Any suggestions for making these things easier?
OK, enough rambling and contest entering. Enter for yourself and maybe win a prize!
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
"One of the essential qualities of the clinician is interest in humanity, for the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient." Peabody
- Name: GamecockDoc
- Location: a Carolina girl making her way in Massachusetts
- Non-Knitting Post...
- Happy 2007
- Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I sure d...
- I'm a weirdo!
- We have a winner!
- Ack! It's December!
- What Kind of Reader Are You? Your Result: Dedicate...
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- I'm a sucker for memes. I like reading them becau...
- Christmas knitting - Take 1