Monday, April 30, 2007

So a couple weeks ago I was very bad and did a lot of online yarn shopping. It's finally all arrived!


The three on the left are Socks that Rock in semisolid colorways. The pink on the end is for my secret pal. The two on the right are Louet and slated to be Eunny's Endpaper Mitts someday when I tackle color work.


More Socks that Rock (I seriously love this stuff). The two on the left will become a Chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Knitted Gifts. The skein on the right is this month's club shipment. A whole new yarn people! It's called Silkie, is 19% silk, and is so wonderful. Even softer than their standard yarn - I didn't know it was possible. And the silk takes the dye differently and creates a pretty effect. Can't wait to knit it up, but I must wait. I'm still working on my Monsoon socks from the last shipment, and now I have these to work on.


For my Hogwarts Sock Swap partner. As you can see, she's in Hufflepuff. I'm knitting these in Louet Gems. It's my first time using this yarn and it is quite nice. It's knitting up very well at 9 st per inch on my US 1 DPNs, and I love the fabric that makes. I have to put my STR aside until I finish these so they get to my pal on time. And check out the snazzy needle holders I bought. I love them! perfect to hold a sock in progress so the needles don't poke me when I reach in my bag and I don't lose the extra one.

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all so pretty! What is it about sock yarn that screams "Buy me!"? :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Whoa! Amazing STR collection! If you ever need a yarn babysitter, I'm your gal!

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello....Hello...hope all is well with you. I started working on your sock a couple of days ago. I am liking it so far. Hope you are able to post soon and let me know how life is going.
You HP sock Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home