Saturday, March 31, 2007

I finally got started on my February Socks that Rock socks and I'm loving this yarn. So soft and squishy and it knits up beautifully. It also handles frogging very well. This month's pattern is a series of firsts for me - provisional cast on, toe up, short row heel, cables. I'm really looking forward to learning all these new techniques. But, me being me, I've run into some problems. When it came time to unzip the provisional cast on, no such luck. Is this unzipping supposed to just come right apart? Becuase it really didn't. And I'm a dork and got the stitches all twisted when I got them on the needles. And somehow in this whole process I lost 3 stitches. I have no idea how. And then one of my needles snapped. Such lovely needles too - my Colonial Rosewood needles, so I'm very sad. Anyone know if they have a replacement policy? So I'll be starting over with different needles, hopefully with better luck this time.

7 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Wendy at Knit and Tonic recently did a tutorial on a provisional cast on, maybe that would help you.

http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2007/03/just_a_few_patt.html

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

My provisional cast-ons never behave either. Sorry, but no advice from me.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't even started my February STR socks and have no idea when I'll be able to get to them. Sorry you got off to a bad start; hopefully, the next try will work better for you.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Glad to hear from you again. Hopefully you don't have as much trouble with stitches at the hospital? :)

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you'll be able to get the needle replaced easily!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We need pictures!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, I've always wanted to try rosewood needles. It's too bad that they broke on you! Bet you can get a replacement...

I would love to see a pic of your socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home