Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm a weirdo!

Is it weird to like being tagged for a meme? Probably, but that's just one of many weird things about me. Since Sarah tagged me, here goes...

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I was born in a car. A powder blue Buick Skyhawk (with bucket seats, as my mom likes to emphasize) to be exact. While going over 60 mph on I-385 (for those of you familiar with the Greenville area, it was right at the Pleasantburg Rd exit). This is a favorite story of my mom's which can last over 15 minutes when you really get her going.

2. I'm a morning person. Not a normal one, a crazy don't mind getting up at 4:45 one. I always woke up early as a kid, like around 6 am, and would go to my grandma's (she had an apt attached to our house) to watch Tom and Jerry cartoons. As I got older I slept later, but never was one to sleep till noon. In fact I spent my high school and college years never sleeping past 9. I always took 8 am classes in college, and have totally gotten used to coming to the hospital way before sunrise. I like driving in with my radio blasting and a travel mug of coffee and getting practically a full day's work done before most people have started.

3. To complicate that whole morning thing, I sometimes forget to go to sleep. I will start reading a book or watching a movie or knitting, and get so caught up that I don't realize what time it is and when I have to wake up. There have been many nights when I never went to sleep at all because I stayed up reading an entire novel not realizing the time till I saw it was light out. Of course there's also the sleep obsession that I've acquired since internship started. I often go to bed before 7 pm because I'm too tired to be bothered with dinner or anything else. I was embarrassedessed about this until I realized that so many other interns do the same thing. Maybe it isn't weird at all.

4. I often break into song or dance at random points in conversations. Not sure why, but I can't stop myself. I also feel the need to pantomime for emphasis.

5. I have no filter. Things go straight from my mind to my mouth without slowing down for editing. This becomes an even bigger problem post alcohol consumption. I put my foot in my mouth so often in college that my roommate gave me a box of coffee filters.

6. I have insanely small and neat handwriting, especially at work. I can fit a patient's entire medical history and current labs in a 2x2 inch space. And my notes in charts are the same way. People are always joking that my notes are written in 6 pt font.

And that's enough blogging for one call night. I'm sure I've broken too many rules by blogging at work, but I just don't care anymore. Before dashing off to save lives (or at least distribute Tylenol) I'm tagging Kaitie Tee, Beth, BBStewart, Katie, Rachel, Colleen.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

So the story of our lives . . . I want to make a difference in people's lives, they want cough syrup. So it goes . . .

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a story of your birth! Your parents must have been sorry to get rid of that car eventually, what with the sentimental value and all.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Now I'll think of you everytime I travel past that exit and my husband will shake his head as I recall this post. Merry Christmas and I hope you'll have some time during this Christmas season to be with your family here in the south:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home