Sunday, December 10, 2006

We have a winner!

With a guess of 87 skeins (only 1 off of the actual final count of 86) the winner is ... Gina! No picture of the prize yet so it can be a surprise in her mailbox, but I'll post one when it gets to her. I was feeling guilty about my stash accumulation until I saw some of your guesses. 300 skeins?! That would be crazy. Yarn taking over my entire apartment, filling entire closets, spilling onto the floor.

I finished my Handmade Christmas Gift Swap project. Yay! One down, three to go. I learned a valuable lesson in this process... I am a very slow knitter. How is it that a project that claims to take 6-8 hours winds up taking me 6 weeks?

1. Spend a week looking through books and websites looking for a good project idea.
2. Pick a project.
3. Go to LYS and spend an hour walking around looking for the perfect yarn. Settle on the recommended yarn listed in the pattern.
4. Start project.
5. Realize gauge is completely off. Frog and start over.
6. Realize that you hate this project.
7. Realize it isn't the project but the yarn that you hate.
8. Throw project and yarn on the floor and spend 2 weeks avoiding looking and stepping on it.
9. Realize that the deadline for finishing this project is fast approaching.
10. Spend more time looking at patterns. Still like the original project.
11. Return to LYS for new yarn in completely different fiber and weight.
12. Start over with new yarn. Miraculously get gauge.
13. Frantically knit during all evening hours.
14. Block and wait for project to dry.
15. Spend entire day off finishing project. Realize that sewing seams sucks.
16. Assemble swap package.
17. Realize it's Sunday and the post office is closed.
18. Drive to nearest post office with 24 hours DIY mailing center.
19. Celebrate having one Christmas project actually finished.

I'll post a picture once it's gets to Gracie.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know where you are coming from! I did something similar with my projects.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That is too funny! But I have way more than 300 skeins of yarn . . .

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Wooo-hoo! Can't wait to get my goody! Good luck with the Handmade Christmas gift swap. I bet you'll get something nice!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You have been tagged. I would like to hear 6 wierd things about you... See my blog for the meme.

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home