Friday, June 09, 2006

I've arrived

So I made it to Northampton and I'm working on getting settled. Most of my furniture is here and maybe half of my stuff is unpacked. I need to be completely set up by the end of next week so that I'll be ready to start work. I won't have much free time once work starts so it all needs to be done. I didn't realize how much stuff is involved in moving especially changing states. New driver's license and registration, new car insurance, new bank, new cell phone. Much to do next week. I also need to get my internet turned on (totally stealing internet from a neighbor right now, bad Gina!). In all the driving and unpacking, I've gotten very little knitting done. By very little I mean three rows of a sock. Pretty pathetic, but I promise to improve. Once I unpack all my yarn and find Charlotte I'll get to work. In the meantime, I need to go back to Webs. I went by yesterday but didn't buy anything. That place is amazing! Aisles and aisles of fiber. I just walked around touching gauge swatches and squeezing skeins. Completely overwhelmed. I really need a plan when I go in there again. I'm thinking a soft bulky yarn for a quick scarf or hat and some cotton or cotton blend for my first sweater. I really want a cotton cardigan like the one from the Gap that I've had for years but it showing serious signs of wear. So I'll think and plan and return another day.

Gina - Thanks so much for my prize. Looking forward to making pompons and the candle smells great. It was my very first mail here! The manager was showing me where the mailboxes are, and your package was inside my box! Yay for mail! Next time you're in town we need to meet up.

5 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I have been checking your blog daily waiting to see if you arrived safely - which I knew you would. Hope you love your new journey.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with all of your unpacking, registrations, etc. It's a big job!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to New England! I used to live in Northampton. It's a great place to live, so enjoy yourself.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Are you starting internship now, too? In Peds? I'm doing internal medicine (and just left New England). I saw your list of fears - right there with you. Orientation on Wed. Oh, boy. Can't wait to follow your progress on the blog. And enjoy Webs - great place.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

You must be so glad to be almost settled. I can sympathize with trying to get all new accounts, bank, insurance, etc. I just had to do that last August, but it seems like only days ago. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly for you. Would LOVE to meet up sometime! The Other Gina : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home