Friday, June 02, 2006

D Day

As in Departure Day. In just a few hours I'll be hitting the road for Massachusetts. I'm planning on driving through the night to avoid traffic and getting there around noon tomorrow. Plenty of time for me to get my key and unload my car and then wait for my stuff to arrive. I totally lucked out with this moving thing. A neighbor is going to visit family in Maine and volunteered to help me move - he owns a truck and a trailer and all my stuff fit in it.

I said good-bye to everyone yesterday. We went for Indian food and then saw X Men (which I though was awesome, by the way). After the movie we had a Krispy Kreme run and then we all set out for home. It was weird how the whole night I wasn't thinking about it being my last night here. Most of my friends are staying in state and a lot are going to the same programs, so they will still be together. And the idea that I wouldn't see them again for at least several months just didn't hit me until I got in my car. It's going to be hard starting over, but I think it will all work out for the best.

I'm going to take a nap before hitting the road. Write you again from my new home!

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drive safely, Gina. I'll be praying for you to have a safe trip.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe!

Here's to new beginnings!!!

secret pal

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

God be with you, Gina as you travel and as you begin your life in a new place.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

Good luck on the move and hope we'll be able to meet up at WEBS sometime! By the way, I LOVED XMen, too! Hope you get to your home quickly and without much stress : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home