Saturday, May 27, 2006

So I've been doing a lot of packing over the past few days. Very out of character for me to start this early, but I made myself. I'll be loading the U-Haul on Thursday so I really have to get it all done. I'm even packing up all my yarn. Doesn't it look sad as it prepares to be sealed in a cardboard box?



All that navy is for another Harry Potter scarf - this one a Ravenclaw. And this time for me. I'm going to need a really warm scarf this winter. I've discovered that my stash is very useful in this whole packing process. When a box of books is getting too heavy but there is still room left, yarn is the perfect thing to add. It takes up space with very little weight. So now my stash is divided into many boxes.

My mom bought me a book the other day.



I'm really enjoying it. A good mystery with lots of cute knitting parts. The main character comes into town when her aunt is murdered. In between trying to find out who the killer is, she learns how to knit. The descriptions of her first trip into a yarn store and her attempts to learn how to knit are great. Sock and I are really liking it.



In other news, I finally made it to the post office. Katie, your yarn is on its way. During the packing process I've come up with a stack of things to give away - books and movies. I have a hard time parting with those usually, but I'm definitely done with these if anyone in interested. The movies - Monster-in-Law, Cider House Rules, and a season of Sex in the City. I also have a DVD of episodes of Trading Spaces. If anyone is interested, let me know. My books are registered at Book Crossing. I'll be releasing them this week, but will send them to anyone who wants them. They are listed on my bookshelf. And I'm almost done with Knit One, Kill Two and will be giving it away too. If no one claims it I'll be releasing it in a LYS before I leave town.

Have a great holiday weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home