Thursday, May 25, 2006

My Secret Pal has been in touch! I'm so excited about the swap, and I love hearing from my pal and reading her comments. So hi and welcome, secret pal!

I finished my mom's socks. I was almost done with them on Tuesday. I actually had only one row to do and then graft the toe but I just couldn't do it. Serious SSS and I couldn't look at the sock anymore. So I set it aside and wove in all the ends of the laptop case-I swear there were 200. But yesterday I finished the sock so I could give them to mom.



Sorry for the horrible picture. I took all my pictures inside so they're dark. But you get the idea. And they match! They came out perfect. My mom put them on immediately (and then 10 minutes later started complaining that she was hot...could it be the wool socks?) and kept saying they would be great sock puppets. Is that a compliment? I'm not sure, but they are good puppets.



And what does a flag sock say then it's a puppet? It sings the Star Spangled Banner of course! And it looks pretty proud of itself too.

I can't stand to not have a sock on my needles, so I started a new one right away with my Sweet Feet yarn in Honey Butter.



That's my Mac posing with the sock. Isn't it pretty? I love the new Mac ads!

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Congratulations on finishing the socks! They are so great.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

The socks look great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home