Sunday, May 21, 2006

I got mail!

I love getting mail, especially packages. Yesterday's mail contained the sock bag I ordered from cafecrafty. I love it! The fabric is so pretty and it holds my sock WIP perfectly. This bag is perfect for tossing into a larger tote or backpack so your sock comes with you wherever you go.

My sock is loving her new home and wants to say hello.

When the bag arrived this cute card was tucked inside.


How's Charlotte? There is only one thing to say.

I wanted to pass this on from the comments. From Beth:
I do have a tip about winding the yarn. Here's what usually works for me. Hang one end of the hank from a doorknob or something a little higher. You'll be unwinding up and down instead of side to side. Take a small bottle (like a pill bottle or something taller), put one yarn end into the bottle and cap it. Start winding around the bottle then wind at a slant from bottom to top. Slightly turn the bottle as you go. You'll notice that it starts to look like a center pull skein. I got the idea from Knitting Tips & Trade Secrets.
Thanks Beth! I'll try that on the next hank.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Francesca said...

That's a neat tip! Thanks! And I love your sock peeking out to say hello. Hello, sock!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Katie said...

She is so smart! Great idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home