Sunday, November 12, 2006

From all the "where are you" emails I've gotten, I guess it's been a long time since I posted. Looking back it's been a really long time. Sad to admit that I've gotten very little knitting done in all this time. It's getting cold up here (I just bought a new ice scraper and ordered my snow tires!) and I'm in scarf knitting mode.


On the left is the "Men's Cashmere Scarf" from LMKG that I started months ago. I finally finished it and I love it. It's a wonderfully soft alpaca yarn that I just want to snuggle. I also finished the scarf for my ISE pal. It's the same pattern but in purple. I tried a bunch of different patterns with the yarn but finally just redid this one because it worked with the alpaca better. I of course finished it just in time to mail it and didn't take a picture before rushing to the post office. But it's just like this one, but in a different color. On the right is the awesome scarf I received through the ISE. It's the Rib Scarf from MagKnits in Malabrigo. I've been wearing it nonstop since it arrived in the mail.

I've started my Christmas knitting (my very first knitted Christmas gift) with a scarf for my mom. The pictures were all horrible and blurry; I blame the gray day and the crap lighting in my apartment. I'll try to get a decent shot of it tomorrow. It's a simple lace pattern in yummy cream cashmerino. I would work on it some more, but I just sat on my size 3 needle and snapped it in half. So it's off to buy new needles tomorrow afternoon!

7 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good to "see" you back!

Love the scarves.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Glad you're still around! Great scarves!

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Sitting on a size 3 needle sounds painful! Your scarves look very nice! Isn't the Malabrigo so soft? The more I use it, the more I love it!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Christmas knitting is going to be quite the challenge this year, isn't it? What rotation are you on now?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

YOU'RE back!!!! Yea!!! The scarves are beautiful...such nice patterns..and knitting!

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! Love the scarves.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Whew....Glad to see a post from you. I was beginning to get a little concerned. Wondering if your attending physicians working you to death????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home