Thursday, September 28, 2006


As promised, some knitting progress. I think I put forth a strong effort in Sock Wars, but my complete lack of free time ruined me. I worked all weekend when other warriors were getting started. Big plans to spend Monday, my day off this week, knitting all afternoon. But before I even got the first few rounds done I was contacted by my assassin. My socks are on the way here and my time in this battle is nearing an end. Only the slowness of the USPS is keeping me alive. I still spent my day off working on my target's socks, as well as a few moments through the remainder of the week. Here's the progress I've made.


I really like this sock so far. Working with DK yarn makes for much quicker knitting, and the Rib of Doom pattern is great. I'm just hoping I've made enough of a start that my assassin can carry on in the war for a bit longer.

I've also been working on my scarf for the International Scarf Exchange. Not much progress on that front though. I've started a few times with different patterns, but I'm not liking anything. I bought two different yarns, a dark blue Malabrigo and a purple alpaca. I decided to go with the alpaca because my pal likes fluffy soft yarns, and while Malabrigo is certainly soft it isn't really fluffy. But I'm not liking how the alpaca is knitting up. My latest attempt is the Dewdrop Scarf. I've done three pattern repeats this morning, and I'm just not loving it. Perhaps the Malabrigo is the better yarn choice, but then what pattern. Ugh...must be more decisive. Any thoughts?


Maybe I'm being too hard on the alpaca and it isn't as horrid as I think it is. I could frog this and try the Men's Cashmere Scarf from LMKG since I love how that is coming along. Can't think about it anymore; time to go to work. Only two more ER shifts and I'm done!

8 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the USPS is the deciding factor for many of us, we go out to our mailboxes hoping to continue to knit another day. My ISODs are coming from Scotland, so I hope to have another day or three to find out who to mail my socks too.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the alpaca scarf. What a beautiful color!

I started a Malabrigo scarf a while back. If you want, I can take a photo for you so you can see the pattern and how it looks with the Malabrigo. It's a reversible cable pattern. I like how it's looking.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Great yarn, but I agree that that's not the ideal pattern for it. Maybe something with cables? I love cables.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy your day off on monday. HOw about a simple chunky rib scarf?

Or the one grumperina made for her dad?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Lorette said...

Dang that work! It really does get in the way of all that perfectly good knitting time.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey lady where ya been!?

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Where ARE you??? Miss reading your blogs. BTW, I have 2 podcasts out if you want to listen to them and tell me what you think....Sleepy Eyes Knits....at all major podcast websites and directly downloadable from my Sleepy Eyes Blog . Hope to hear from you soon!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger jen said...

Hi there Gina! I sent you a scarf for ISE but I'm just wondering if it made it to you or not ... I hope you're well!! :) Take care -- Jenifer at http://jeniferknits.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home