Sunday, September 10, 2006

I adore scarf knitting. I know it's not the most sophisticated knitting, but I still love it. I read somewhere that scarves are the comfort food of knitting, and I agree. It's nice to not have to worry about shaping and fit. Just pick a yarn and go. So of course I signed up for the International Scarf Exchange. Now that I've been assigned my giftee, I have to get started. I know she likes blues and purples, and she likes fluffy soft yarns. So one day this week I get to stop by my LYS and pick some yarn. But what pattern to use? Matilda, Rib Scarf, and Trellis & Vine from MagKnits have potential. Wavy from Knitty looks like fun. And Clapotis sure is pretty. Decisions, decisions. Thoughts?

6 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have been wanting to do Tressis and Vine for quite a while. I like scarves that can also double as wraps.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger --Deb said...

I think it's great that you like scarf knitting, because the world really does need scarves. I personally always get bored about halfway through because those rectangles never seem to end (grin), and so have made very, very few scarves. Two, in fact, if I remember correctly. Lately, I've been using small shawls to keep my neck warm in the winter because I just can't bring myself to use a store-bought scarf and yet, the thought of making one depresses me. I'm glad for the sake of all those pretty, handknit scarves that you enjoy it so much! They deserve that....

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I liked knitting Branching Out a lot, but I would also like to knit Wavy someday. All that being said, if I were your pal, the possibility of receiving a Clapotis would make me shiver with delight!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

I love scarf knitting, too! I have my eye on making the Clapotis sometime...I vote for that! Have your yarn in mind yet? Is this for you or for a gift?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Not Clapotis - you won't have time for that much knitting!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wavy looks so fun and soft to me. I have wanted to knit it ever since I started knitting.

Hope your having a good week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home