Saturday, September 09, 2006

Thanks for all the supportive comments to my emotional breakdown. I'm feeling much better now; a weekend off will do that. And what better way to spend said weekend off than with a few of my favorite activities - shopping and baking. First came a stop at Target to buy the much longed for KitchenAid mixer. Then a trip to the Christmas Tree Shop (which surprisingly has nothing Christmas tree-like for sale) to buy a little butcher block to put the mixer on. Hey, it was on sale and I can seriously use the extra counter space and cabinet. Then back to my apartment to test my new toy by making a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Yum! Nothing better to cheer up a sad intern than chocolate and peanut butter!


Plans for the rest of the evening include listening to the thunderstorm, matching a movie, and knitting. I love golden weekends!

3 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have been wanting one of those for years! I always tell my husband I would bake more if I had one.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Your mixer, new cabinet, and cookies all look great!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yum, cookies! My KA mixer is starting to sound very sick. Even my husband noticed yesterday, as it whined and complained while kneading bread dough batch #2. I guess I put mine through the wringer, but you've made a wise purchase, because they're awesome! I love the red color, too. Mine is cobalt blue.

I'm so glad you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home