With the lost DPN found I've been working on my sock. It's been a reminder about how much I hate gusset decreases. It's really pretty crazy how much I hate them. It's where I get all tangled up in the extra needles, where I get a ladder forming right in the middle of the foot, where I'm concentrating so hard on not making that stupid ladder that I poke myself with the extra needles. It's amazing how much a size 1 DPN hurts when it jabs into your thumb over and over and over. And now that I'm through them and onto the foot, I'm staring at the sock and not liking it. I did a heel flap, as usual, and I wish I had done a short row heel. I've never done one, but I think it would look so much better in this anklet. The heel flap just looks big and wrong. But I really don't want to frog the whole heel. So I think I'll just live with the heel flap and remember this for future anklets.
Now that I've ranted about my sock, it's your turn! What is your least favorite part of sock knitting?
Monday, August 21, 2006
"One of the essential qualities of the clinician is interest in humanity, for the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient." Peabody
- Name: GamecockDoc
- Location: a Carolina girl making her way in Massachusetts
- Some actual knitting photos. My Malabrigo scarf. ...
- Saturday Sky
- Cupcake time!
- You Are an Espresso At your best, you are: straigh...
- Free patterns
- The great thing about preemie hats is that they k...
- Book meme!
- Wow, she's good. My horoscope from CrazyAuntPurl....
- My weekend off coincided with some awesome yarn sa...
- Time for a celebratory margarita