Saturday, August 05, 2006

Book meme!

1. One book that changed your life:
The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. I read this book in high school and became obsessed with all things medical.

2. One book that you've read more than once:
Just one? I'm a compulsive rereader. I think the book I've read the most is Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. I read it so many times it started falling apart and I had to buy a new copy.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
The Complete Novels of Jane Austen OK, maybe it's cheating, but it is all bound as one book. And what better than romance to keep you company on a desert island?

4. One book that made you laugh:
House of God by Samuel Shem. Required reading for all interns.

5. One book that made you cry:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I fell in love with this book in eighth grade and it gets to me every time I read it.

6. One book that you wish you had written:
Harry Potter - I love these books. Plus I would be filthy rich and able to pay off all my school loans.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy. I hated this book and was tortured with it for summer reading in high school. I never actually made it all the way through.

8. One book you're currently reading:
Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik. I picked it up because a friend's sister wrote it, but it's awesome. Imagine if Horatio Hornblower had dragons to help fight Napoleon. Pretty freakin' cool.

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
There are so many on my bookshelves... I really want to read Lord of the Rings but haven't been able to do it. But I'll keep trying.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This response is more for your previous posts, but I decided to write it here....Congratulations for making this far. You seem to be doing great. Everybody done with residency says it's worth it. I'm in my 3rd yr (of 4) now and it really flies by. I have to start thinking about fellowship already. I'm in Path; I don't miss the patients (we get to see some in transfusion med and heme) but I have great respect for those who are only on the clinical side of things. Hang in there! We have a unique set of needs and face unique situations that are just not accurately reflected by most TV shows' attemps to showcase medicine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home