Thursday, August 10, 2006


The great thing about preemie hats is that they knit up super fast since they are so small. These were my day off project, and I'm quite pleased with them. I'm also very pleased with this yarn. It's Dale of Norway Baby Ull knit on size 3 needles. This yarn is super soft and perfect for baby items. And it has great stitch definition. I love the way the seed stitch border of the green hat looks. The hat patterns are from Bev's Country Cottage and the preemie size looks perfect for a 24 weeker. Each hat took less than half a skein and I'm looking forward to making some more, probably a bit bigger.


Because I have so much time on my hands, I've joined a knitalong. Probably a really bad idea. I see some frantic sock knitting in my future. Here's hoping for a target with small feet!

In other knitting news, I've made some progress on my Blugger socks. Actually I'm making anklets because I love wearing them with my Danskos at work. And I ordered some yarn from YarnBotanika. I haven't taken a picture of it, but you can see it here. Isn't it gorgeous?! Now I need the perfect project for it. I'm thinking lace, but nothing too complicated because then I'll never finish it. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hats are adorable - I especially like the seed stitch one.

Your new yarn looks yummy! Last Minute Knitted Gifts has a really pretty, small lace scarf in it that doesn't look difficult. I was just looking at it during my lunch break and thinking I may have to make it.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is pretty yarn! I was going to suggest a scarf, too. There's a nice pattern at http://www.siviaharding.com/leaf.html .

I really like your baby hats! They're so cute.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I love little anklets with my Danskos, too. It's the only time I use a short-row heel, but they are perfect. And perfect for using up all those leftovers . . .

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Gina House said...

LOVE the baby caps! And, I agree, Yarn Botanika (that super Lisa!) has the greatest sock yarn...just finished one sock in Tigerlily/Marigolds. I just got a new lace shawl pattern, if you're interested, let me know, k?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home