Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You Are an Espresso

At your best, you are: straight shooting, ambitious, and energetic

At your worst, you are: anxious and high strung

You drink coffee when: anytime you're not sleeping

Your caffeine addiction level: high
What Kind of Coffee Are You?


I don't think I'm too high strung... perhaps my friends wouldn't agree though. What I am lately is overly emotional. And very labile. At lunch yesterday we were talking about movies. A friend of mine had a really bad call night over the weekend, and the next day watched really sad movies. Because why watch a happy movie to cheer yourself up when you could deepen the depression instead? (Although I often do the same thing.) So we were talking about movies that make us cry. Glory, Saving Private Ryan, Swing Kids... And I started tearing up thinking about Tom Hanks dying in SPR. Then later on someone made a joke and I just cracked up and couldn't stop. Laughed until tears were running down my face. And it wasn't even that funny. So I'm seriously messed up lately; I think it's the sleep deprivation.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not having enough sleep is hard on a person, isn't it? Keep taking care of yourself!

Stress makes me emotional, too. I remember when we first moved to ATL, I hated it and missed my friends. My mom came down for a visit and we went to see Sense & Sensibility. I cried at the end (happy crying if I remember correctly). But then I started crying harder and it wasn't happy crying anymore. I did feel better after I got that out of my system. So maybe the crying and laughing are helpful.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Ah yes, I can remember cracking up during rounds some mornings after call because something seemed to be just hilarious to me. Funnily, none of the people who had gone home to their own beds the evening before seemed to appreciate the humour.

You have to wonder what the evolutionary advantage was of these responses to sleep deprivation. Granted, pre-artificial light, it was kind of hard to do 24 hour call...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home