Thursday, August 03, 2006

My weekend off coincided with some awesome yarn sales. Webs was at the sidewalk sale and Northampton Wools had all cotton for 25% off. So I went a little nuts. OK, a lot nuts. My loot...


Some amazingly soft alpaca. I don't think you can appreciate the color fully in the picture. It's a beautiful bluish green. I've been wanting this yarn since my first trip to Webs, and I finally broke down and bought it. Now to find time to knit it.


Pale pink KidSilk Haze to someday make Branching Out. It's been calling to me. Not sure why since I can't seem to make any progress on Charlotte; I really have commitment issues.


What's a trip to the LYS without some sock yarn?


A variety of colors of superwash merino to make baby hats for the NICU. If anyone longs to make baby hats and blankets but is without babies of their own, I suggest donating to your local NICU. Each baby has a handknit hat and blanket in his crib or isolette. It's just such a nice thing and the parents appreciate it. If you're wondering how big to make the hats, there's a huge variation in size so anything would fit someone. The babies go from big 11 lb babies whose moms have diabetes all the way down to 1 lb premies with a head circumference of 21 cm.


No trip yarn shopping would be complete without some gifts for my secret pal. She loves cotton, so she really lucked out with the current sale. Hope she likes it all.

In other news, I got my Flip Flip Swap package over the weekend. Check it out!


I'm especially excited about Knit Picks Main Line which I've been wanting to try. Thanks, Kathy! I love it!

And now a confession - I've been a bad knitter. Sorry, Gina, I've made very little progress on my Blugger sock. It was my on call project and this is all I got done in 3 calls.

Pretty pathetic, I know. But this is project number one now, so I'll get to it!

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Gina House said...

Don't worry...the sock looks good! You are SOO lucky with all that yarn....you have GREAT taste....love the pink fuzzy and the alpaca...oh, and everything else! Might have to come steal it! : D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home