Thursday, May 11, 2006

United 93

I haven't cried this much since The Passion.
This movie was amazing. So well done and realistic. I have to admit that I was worried about a Hollywood telling of 9/11 (and I'm still worried what Oliver Stone will come up with) but this movie was done right. United 93 really brought back the emotion of that day-the shock, the fear, the confusion. The action centers on flight 93, the doomed flight that ends crashing in a Pennsylvania field, and goes between the plane, the military, and the FAA. You see the story unfold beginning with the terrorists in their hotel room. You see a normal morning and an ordinary flight that turns disasterous. The disbelief of the FAA workers, the initial "once they get whatever they want we'll land" belief of the passengers. You see realization dawn in the first inhabitants of a post 9/11 world - these people want nothing more than to kill us and we need to stop them. The bravery of the men and women on that plane is inspiring.
Never forget.

1 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I have been afraid to watch The Passion and probably never will, even though they have shown it at our church every Palm Sunday since it came out. I don't like to relive horrible events*, but at the same time, I know it helps some people with closure or understanding something better. I was horrified enough on Sept. 11. I think I would be a terrible wreck for too long if I saw the movie.

*Although Jesus's crucufixion was a "horrible" event, I thank God it happened. Part of the Master Plan and the reason I'm saved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home