Tuesday, May 09, 2006

heel turning

I am loving this sock. I don't know if it's because it's a little smaller or because it's my second pair, but this sock is knitting up way faster than the other pair. I finished the leg today and turned the heel. The change in colors worked perfectly for how long I wanted the leg to be. I like how the blue is at the top and then right before the heel flap.
flag sock heel
I won't get the pair done for Mother's Day, but I should be able to get this one done by then. I could present my mom with half a pair of socks...could work I guess. I also ordered her the slippers she loves but they won't make it in on time. I know, I'm a bad daughter. I always have great intentions and then time just gets away from me. I should start working on Christmas presents now so they'll be ready (unless I then lose them, which I would totally do).

I went ahead and order my Charlotte's Web kit today. I decided on this colorway.

I like how the pinkish-purple turns into the blue with a little green and orange thrown in for contrast. I can't wait to see it in person. That's my only beef with online shopping-not being able to see and feel the yarn. But I tried both my yarn stores and neither carries Koigu so this will have to do. I'm getting excited about this shawl. I've never done lace before so I hope it doesn't turn into a mess.

I mailed my Tea Swap package today...hope my pal likes it. I sure had fun shopping for it!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Emma said...

The patterns in the sock certainly did work out well. Everyone will be so impressed~! And the yarns are gorgeous

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seriously been thinking of starting to knit my Christmas presents in June. I wonder when most people start?

I like how the sock is turning out - great job! And the colors for your shawl are beautiful. Nice choice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home