Sunday, September 24, 2006

7 songs

Wow, I haven't posted in a long time. Sorry about that. I've been really busy with ER shifts and my parents coming up to visit. But I promise to post some knitting progress this week. In the meantime, a meme I've seen all over the medical blogs I read. And so I'll share "seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you'?re really enjoying now." I made this list from my iTunes play count; I didn't even realize some of the songs I'm obviously stuck on.

1. "Bad Day" Daniel Powter - A pretty obvious one right now. I often listen to it over and over on my drive home. I actually have a "Bad Day" playlist with all my favorite life sucks songs for when I want to stay in my bad mood. There's another playlist for when I want to cheer up.

2. "Hallelujah" Jeff Buckley - A great song that I first heard in Shrek. I've listened to all the different versions, but this is definitely my favorite.

3. "Mad World" Michael Andrews, from Donnie Darko - I love this song. The beat is great and it fits the movie ending perfectly. Perhaps "the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had" isn't the best lyric to listen to on a bad day, but for some reason this song actually improves my mood. Weird.

4. "Everything is Alright" Motion City Soundtrack - This is one of those dancing around my apartment songs. And when it comes on while I'm driving it's hard to contain the impulse. I end up kinda bouncing in my seat like a crazy person. I've actually had someone come up to me at work and say they saw me driving in and I was having way too much fun. It's a great way to start the day though.

5. "Let Go" Frou Frou - From the Garden State soundtrack, this is a cheer me up song. Love it and the rest of the soundtrack. Here's hoping for more Zach Braff compilations!

6. "Happy Song" Mojo Train - A peppy little cheer me up song. And anyone that uses "South Cacalacky" gets my vote.

7. "C'est la Fucking Vie" Ginny Clee - I heard this song on Cast On and fell in love with it. Definitely a song for the days I'm feeling down.

And now to tag seven people (though I'm not sure there are seven people who read my blog). Kaitie Tee, Beth, Gina, Theresa, Katie, Julie, and Rachel.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'll have to go home and check out my iTunes playlist . . . but count me in.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting ready to post mine right now. At first I had trouble coming up with seven, but now it's hard to narrow it down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home