Thursday, June 15, 2006

I went shopping!

I spent the morning walking the streets of Northampton and spending a lot of money. I feel it is my duty to stimulate the economy of my new town. I especially feel a duty toward LYSs, and therefore purchased yarn in both Northampton Wools and Webs. Hello, my name is Gina, and I am a shopoholic. So what did I buy?


For a detailed discussion of my purchases, read on.



Two sheets of super cute wrapping paper to wrap the books I ordered for my secret pal. (They haven't arrived yet.) A card for my parents' anniversary (40 years!). And a little notepad to carry in my purse.



Yarn for my secret pal! Her birthday is this month so she has to get a great package! Two skeins of lavender Rowan Cashsoft - quite possibly the softest, most wonderful yarn on the planet. And two skeins of sock yarn in her favorite color - orange. Side note: Cashsoft is the yarn to blame for my yarn addiction. I was a sad crocheter using nothing but Red Heart from Wal-Mart until I bought some Cashsoft in poppy at Northampton Wools when I visited here in November. I made myself a scarf with it and fell in love. Then I decided to teach myself to knit and it's all gone downhill from there.



More gifts for my secret pal! A cute little bag to fill with notions, Eucalan lavender-scented woolwash, stitch markers, and darning needles.



Yarn for my first sweater. The picture doesn't do it justice though. It's a beautiful light heathered brown, and it's softer than a cloud. I want to sleep with this yarn on my pillow! Gorgeous!

All in all I think I was pretty good today. The yarn for my sweater and some needles (one pair bamboo and one pair ebony) are all I bought for myself. I had to drag myself away from a shelf of KidSilk Haze. That stuff is dangerous! It cast some kind of spell on me, and I just stood in a corner petting it until I came to my senses.

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Too fabu! It makes me crave a trip to the yarn store.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

Isn't it fun to add to your stash! Mine is out of control at the moment.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice purchases! I just love Eucalan for when I felt. It smells so good!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

It has to be wonderful having a place to shop for yarns. I am stuck in a town that offers very little in yarns - WalMart and Hancock Fabrics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home