Tuesday, May 02, 2006

secret pal questionnaire

I am so looking forwad to Secret Pal 8. I watched Secret Pal 7 with more than a little envy, and I am so excited about being in this one. So hello and welcome to my secret pal! Everyone else can skip this all about me post.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don't really have a favorite yarn and have loved most things I've tried. I just bought some Malabrigo that is wonderful and am looking forward to finding the right project for it. The only thing I don't like is acrylic. I spent college crocheting with red heart from wal-mart, but no more. I am on the way to being a yarn snob!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Currently rattling around the bottom of my knitting bag.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I just started knitting in December. I have progressed from just making scarves though and have completed my first pair of socks. I haven't attempted a big project like a sweater yet though. I guess somewhere between beginner and intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do. It's my graduation wish list, so it's pretty boring.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love spicy scents like cinnamon and ginger and also like lavender.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I definately have a sweet tooth! My favorite thing is chocolate especially mint and chocolate. I also like things like jelly beans and gummy bears.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Don't spin and am not really good at a lot of crafty stuff. I would like to try beading and I love black and white photography.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I pretty much like everything. I have jazz, classical, alternative, and country among other things in my music collection. I'm always on the lookout for new bands. Recently I've had a thing for British rock. I have a well stocked iPod!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Lately I've been really into reds and blues but there aren't any colors I hate. I'm doing Project Spectrum so I'm trying to branch out colorwise.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm single, no kids and no pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I'm moving from sunny South Carolina to Massachusetts so I'm going to have to start wearing that stuff soon. Not really into ponchos though.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I'm all about trying new things. I like socks and I like felted bags. I would like to try some lace sometime.

13. What are you knitting right now? Three things on the needles right now - a sock, a laptop case, and a PDA case

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love to!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Still trying out needles. I have Denise interchangables and love them. Also love my straight needles - I have some bamboo, some aluminum, some plastic. I'm not into the Susan Bates plastic needles though. I need to work on my needle collection.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? nope

17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself with Stitch and Bitch.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? An crochet afghan I started 6 years ago. I only have a few rows left but haven't touched it in years.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving - I love hanging out with family and watching the parade.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Not really. I'm really into journals, stationary, and pens though.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? No magazines and a couple of books. I would like to try the Koigu Charlotte's Web.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? The next thing I want to try is cables. I drooled over some of the projects in Inspired Cable Knits and would love to try some.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep! I'm a size 9 shoe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 10/29

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

What a fun all-about-me post! You should definitely try cables, it is so easy and it feels like working magic with yarn! There's a simple cabled hat pattern on Knitty that could easily be turned into a fashionable belt. Oh please, please tell us you know about Knitty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home