Saturday, April 22, 2006

What was I thinking?

I went to my LYS yesterday to buy some yarn for a project I've been admiring for awhile. It's the felted laptop case in AlterKnits and the small size will be perfect for my iBook. I love the colors used in the book - muted purple, blue, and green. So I went to the Needletree for supplies, but didn't see the colors I had in mind. Then I saw the shelf of Lamb's Pride and fell in love with the bright, spring colors. So not like me! I'm a muted, natural kinda girl. So what possessed me to come home with this?
bright yarn

In other knitting news, I'm actually going to start my April Project Spectrum project. Another project from AlterKnits, I'm going to make a felted PDA case. It should cheer me up on long nights of call to carry that around instead of the ugly metal case my PDA is in now. I'm using this yarn and then I'll decorate it with some embroidery, probably some yellow. ps april yarn Of course I've never embroidered before. The pattern says to do some "freeform embroidery" or French knots... huh? Anybody know of some sites that can teach me some basics?

The Yarn Harlot is in my future hometown today at Webs. If only it was a month from now, I could be there. ::sigh::

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Well gee, I just read that your LYS is the Needletree...and in a month you're moving to Massachusetts? What timing. (I live in the upstate, too.) Well, I love the LP colors you bought. They look very popsicle-y! They'll make a super laptop case.

Some of the Debbie Bliss beginner knitting books also have embroidery instructions. She likes to embroider her kids' knits.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger GamecockDoc said...

Thanks for the tip...I'll check out some of those books.

In the upstate? If you're near Simpsonville, come by Panera Bread for SnB. We're usually there on Mondays at 7 (I think this week is Tuesday though).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home