Sunday, April 30, 2006

ripping in progress

You know that feeling when you've been working on a project for a long time and you're almost done? Counting down the last rows and preparing to bind off? Getting that nice feeling of accomplishment? And then you notice a mistake that you must have made a couple days earlier...and you know you can't ignore it so you rip out rows and rows of precious knitting? Yeah, having that feeling right now. I was getting ready to bind off my Harry Potter scarf and then I noticed a glaring error and had to rip out several inches. This scarf is really starting to get to me. I started it in January and I'm still not done, and now I'm further from finished than I was this morning. Very sad.

Thanks for the comments about my laptop case. At first I was a little unsure about it because I'm not usually into bright colors, but it's really growing on me. It will be quite a contrast to my white computer and so much more fun than a black nylon case.

Katie, yes Northampton is where WEBS is. I haven't been there yet because I couldn't find it when I was up there. I walked all over that town and didn't see it. But I'll definitely find it when I move next month. And there's another LYS just a block from my apartment. This could be quite dangerous. The only think that will keep me from bankruptcy will be all the hours that I'll be working. I'm starting in the NICU in July so I won't have a lot of time for yarn shopping.

Feeling a little better about my frogging episode now...back to knitting. I am determined to finish this scarf today!

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! :) I hope you were able to complete the scarf today. I read back through your archives and saw a picture of it - very nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home