Friday, April 28, 2006

Yay for stripes!

I've been working on several projects this week. Given up on my socks for the moment (had some twisting issues and several bits of frogging) so I've been spending time with other things. Still working on Harry Potter. Just a couple more rows and then I'll be ready to seal the ends and add the fringe. Also working on my Project Spectrum PDA case in orange. It's just a rectangle right now, but I'll post a pic once I sew the seems and put on the handle. I've been spending most of my time working on my laptop case. Isn't it fun?
lp stripes
The colors are brighter in person. I love the random stripes. It makes it fun to look at and fun to knit because I'm always changing yarn. This is my first time using Lamb's Pride and I love it. It's got just enough mohair to make it nice and soft so it doesn't dry out my hands like Nature Spun. And it knits up beautifully. I hear it felts well too; we'll see when I'm done with this case.

I just found out this morning that I have an apartment! I've been so worried about moving in June because everyone I talked to when I went up to MA a few weeks ago had no availabilities. "Check back in May," is what they kept telling me. I really wanted to have something lined up before graduation...and now I do! A great 2 bedroom in downtown Northampton. And it's a 2 minute walk to a LYS! That could be dangerous. But I'm so excited! Just wanted to celebrate a little.

And now, some links.

Needles that light up. (via Subway Knitter)

Cute cable socks. (via Felt like Knitting)

Beautiful needle cases and stitch markers by Katie at Knits & Grits.

Cute knitting bags perfect for carrying around your sock WIPs.

3 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I love, love your laptop case! The stripes are so great, and the colors...very spring-like and fun. Lamb's Pride felts like a dream. I made a MDK buttonhole bag out of it, and I love the way it turned out (although it did need some grooming/shaving at the end).

Isn't Northhampton where WEBS is? Oh, my. I would be in serious trouble. Congrats on the apartment!

(And thanks for the shout-out!)

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your apartment! It always feels so good to have something decided.

Thanks for mentioning the socks on my blog. I should say that Katie (Knits and Grits) told me about it! :)

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to tell you how much I like your laptop case! The colors are great. What is the Harry Potter project you mentioned?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home