Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

to all you moms out there. I've had a busy day today cooking dinner for my mom. We had her favorites-steak, potatoes, and broccoli. Had some yummy tomato bruschetta while dinner was cooking, and dessert is chilling in the fridge. I made raspberry tiramisu, and I'll post a link to the recipe if it's good.

I found two packages in my mailbox yesterday. One was from my Tea Swap pal. (Sorry the photos look so bad. I shot them near the windows to get some light but didn't realize the glare was so bad.)

I got some gingerbread tea that smells amazing and an assortment of tea bags.

I'm looking forward to trying the Chai, and I hope "Awake" lives up to its name!
She also sent me 2 skeins of Knit Picks sock yarn. I've been wanting to try their sock yarn so this is perfect. I'm going to save this for purple Project Spectrum month.

The other box had the tea I ordered with the gift certificate my pal sent me-a selection of red teas. These also smell wonderful.

Thanks for everything, Tea Swap Pal! It all looks great and I'm going to make myself some tea tonight (and share some with my mom).

Random Project Spectrum update: I'm still working on my laptop case which has green in it. Once I'm done with that I'm going to felt it and my April project. I hate felting only one item, so I've been waiting. In the meantime, some green stuff. My green books...

and movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home