Wednesday, March 15, 2006

24 more hours

until I find out where I'll be spending the next 4 years. I've been obsessing about this for months, and soon it will be over. On Monday, when I found out that I matched, I was completely relieved. I'll be going to one of the 8 places I put on my rank list, so why worry anymore. But now I'm nervous all over again... can't-sleep-feel-like-puking nervous. Chances are that I'll be moving in a few months, and probably far away. I've lived in the same state for my whole life, and in the same city for most of that, so I'm a little freaked about leaving behind everything I know. Excited to go somewhere competely new, but mostly nervous. Of course I could wind up staying where I am, which would actually be a bit of a tragedy. I'm so pathetic...I can't even decide what to hope for. Must stop thinking about this...stop obsessing NOW! I'll let you know what happens at Match Day tomorrow, unless I'm too drunk which is a very real possibility.

4 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Well, at least the wait is (almost) over. That would kill me. I hate waiting.

Just came by to say "Hi" from the KAL site.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger teabird said...

Good luck - I hope you're happy when you find out!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Zee said...

Congrats, and good luck on your residency. :) I hope you're happy when you find out where you'll be relocating to.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Deborah M. said...

It will all work out. Good luck to you; I wanted to be an M.D. but alas, not in this life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home