Saturday, February 18, 2006

Olympic update 2

buttonhole bag 2 Finished knitting my button hole bag for the Knitting Olympics! And with lots of time to spare too! This event wound up coinsiding with my Anesthesia rotation, which means that I went into the hospital at 7:30 and got home around 9. That's right, living the dream. This left me with tons of time on my hands, which I spent watching entire seasons of 24 and kntting for hours on end. Quite enjoyable. With all this extra time I also decided to start a Booga bag as I think they're so cute.
booga bag 1 I used Kureyon like the pattern says and love the colors, but I don't really like the yarn. Some pieces are spun really thin and others aren't spun at all and are instead fluffy chunks of fiber. The finished piece looks uneven. Hopefully it will be okay after felting. All I have left to do is knit the I cord for the strap and then it's into the washer. I must confess that I'm nervous about that part... putting my babies into hot water and then locking them in there to get tossed around. Scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home