Thursday, April 06, 2006

my word cloud

My word cloud, generated here.

Not much going on around here. Still working on the same projects, but I'm making good progress. I'm turning the heel of my second sock, so that should be done soon. Then I'll focus on finishing that Harry Potter scarf. I love that scarf but it gets so boring so I can't bring myself to really work on it. By the time its recipient gets it he'll probably have outgrown Harry Potter. It's already too late for him to wear the thing! Oh well, he'll have it next year.

Went to the bookstore today, a very dangerous place for me to go. I bough a bunch of books but limited myself to just one knitting book. I wanted several esp. Inspired Cable Knits mostly due to this review from the Yarn Harlot. I love this sweater and will have to make it once I learn cables (and get the courage to attempt a sweater.



I love everything about this sweater esp. the I cord accents. But I made myself not buy it...not until I teach myself to cable. Then I'll rush out for this book! The knitting book I did get is Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm loving working on my first pair of socks and see many more in my future; I've already ordered some more sock yarn. This book was highl recommended by my sock mentor at my SnB. It has general sock instructions and tons of different stitch patterns. I'm looking forward to making some of these with my new yarn when it arrives.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

But won't having a cable sweater pattern you love help you learn cabling? It's really pretty easy. At worst it's a bit more time consuming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home